Tuesday, September 20, 2016

Just a Thank You Gnote


It's always good to have some Thank You cards on hand, so I decided to make a Thank You Gnote featuring the largest Gnome from the Gnome Sheet (I Brake for Stamps). This fabulous large gnome is one of NINE (9) gnomes and a mess of mushrooms on that sheet. It's a Gnoteworthy bargain indeed.

The Large Gnome was stamped with Tuxedo Black Memento ink (Imagine Crafts), fussy-cut, colored with Copic markers, and edged with a black marker. He was set aside while I pulled together a nice background for him.

I vaguely remembered that I had some very leaf patterned paper that would work well with the way I colored the Large Gnome! Better yet, I even found it buried deep in a file of 12x12 patterned papers. I should mention that one can amass quite the patterned paper collection after 16+ years of paper crafting, especially if one had to buy multiples of certain patterns because one was afraid she might run out. It's a sickness, kinda like referring to oneself in the third person.

Anyway, I found the leaf patterned paper and a nice plaid that coordinated with it. They were cut to size and the brown-based patterned papers were edged with Gathered Twig Distress ink (Ranger) and the plaid was edged with Evergreen Bough Distress ink.

Brown cardstock was die-cut with the Just a Note die (All Occasion) and the Small Alphabet Font dies (All Occasion).

The patterned paper was layered, the sentiment was added, and the Large Gnome was adhered. The card front was then adhered to a brown A2 card.

I Brake for Stamps has a huge and varied collection of rubber stamps that you ought to check out right now. Click on my badge below to be whisked over to I Brake for Stamps to check out all of the goodies! Best of all, if you buy something, you can get a 10% discount off of your purchase if you use this code: SAVE10KATHI!


Thanks for visiting today!

1 comment:

  1. You have gno shame with your gnawful puns! This is wonderful Kathi, such fun! xx

    ReplyDelete