Sunday, December 20, 2015

Belated Birthday Card


Here's a late birthday card that I made for my nephew, who was off at school for his birthday. Being me, I took his absence at the recent family celebration as an extension, which seemed to continue to lengthen. Ah well. He's not a wee tot anymore and he knows his aunt is a flake, so the lateness of the card is not as dire. I did wish him Happy Birthday on FB and told him I was running late. Maybe that will exonerate me. Or maybe not.

This card features Stampotique's Rabbit (Janet Klein).  Rabbit was stamped with Tuxedo Black Memento ink (Imagine Crafts/Tsukineko), colored with Copic markers, fussy-cut, and edged with a Black Pitt Artist pen (Faber Castell). Rabbit's eyes, nose, buttons, and the watch were coated with several layers of Clear Gelly Glaze pen (Sakura) to add dimension and shine. A gold gel pen was added to the watch chain to make it stand out a bit more.

Gold metallic cardstock (Recollections) was die-cut with the Clock die (KaiserCraft). A circle was cut from patterned paper from an old 6x6 pad by My Mind's eye.

Patterned paper from the same 6x6 pad was cut, all the edges were sponged with Black Soot Distress ink (Ranger), and then layered. The clock die-cut was adhered to the card front and Rabbit was glued in place.

Black metallic cardstock (Recollections) was die-cut with the Missy Micro font die (Die-Versions), Wishes from the "Best Wishes" die set (Elizabeth Craft Designs), and  Birthday from the"Happy Birthday die set (Die-Versions). They were adhered to create the sentiment.

The card front was adhered to a white card and I called it done! I even mailed it!

Thanks for visiting today!

I shall enter this card into the following challenges:
Allsorts Challenges: Anything But Christmas
Simply Papercraft Challenges: Anything Goes
Crafting With An Attitude Challenges: Anything Goes
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenges: Die Crazy

No comments:

Post a Comment