Friday, January 31, 2014

SCACD New Release Digital and Rubber Stamp Blog Hop!

Greetings and welcome to my post for SCACD's New Release Blog Hop!

Here's what Susana had to say about these new releases!

Earlier this month SCACD released the Montage Collection of rubber stamps, a total of 26 rubber stamps with a contemporary yet classic look that will make them a fantastic addition to your stamping toolbox for years to come.  They are available now for purchase HERE both in full sheets and as smaller sets. 

SCACD has also unleashed twelve fun and fresh SCACD Digital images for purchase HERE.

The SCACD Design Team and some very cool guests have created a truly fun-filled hop showcasing the new SCACD digital and rubber stamps. If you missed part of the hop list then check out all the details at the Store Blog today!
ATTN: International friends! SCACD's Rubber Stamps and Dies can be purchased from Quixotic Paperie!
You should have arrived here from Suzanne Dean's blog, where she definitely wowed you a fabulous project!

If you've gotten lost along the way, the first stop is Alex Lundgren's blog!

I'm really pleased to share with you a project featuring one of the new super-cute digital stamps, Flower Garden Cat!

Here it is!

Flower Garden Cat was resized using PhotoElements and printed out onto Neenah cardstock. It was then colored using my Copic markers. The background behind the Flower Garden Cat was created with Copic markers.

The patterned papers are from the Wildflower 6x6 paper pad by Carta Bella. An ancient Doodlebug frill border was used between the floral patterned paper and the blue patterned paper. The card was finished with one of the two dies included in SCACD's Garden Corners die-cut set.

My second card features several of SCACD's new rubber stamps!

Here it is!

The stamps that I used are from the SCACD Montage Set #1This set includes sixteen stamps and is a great deal. You can also buy these stamps in smaller sets. Two of the stamps that I used are from the  Fish Frames set and two of the stamps are from the Archaelogical Dig set.

I had an old beat-up manila file folder that I kept because I knew one day it would come in handy. I used it for this project because I knew that I'd need cardstock that would hold up to the abuse I had in store for it! The file folder was cut up into small pieces because I was trying a new-to-me technique and I wasn't sure how it was going to go.

A dollop of Grunge Paste by Paper Artsy was plopped onto a small piece of the folder. A credit card (that I hope I never need) was used to spread the Grunge Paste thin but still retain some depth. The horseshoe-looking stamp from the Archaelogical Dig set was sprayed with water then stamped into the Grunge Paste. The stamp was immediately lifted and cleaned with a baby wipe and a toothbrush (that I do NOT use for my teeth). Eureeka! An impression of the stamp was debossed into the Grunge Paste as intended!

This process was repeated with several times with each of the four stamps.

When I was done, I heat set the Grunge Paste. When it was dry, I painted over all the stamped pieces with Nougat Fresco Finish acrylic paint by Paper Artsy taking care to get the paint to totally cover each skeleton. The pieces were heat set, then Irish Cream Fresco Finish acrylic paint was painted randomly over the Nougat, and heat set again. Caramel Fresco Finish acrylic paint was watered down and over each piece. This was heat set too. Finally, Mermaid Fresco Finish paint was watered down a lot, lightly brushed onto each piece, then heat set.

A sanding block was used to stand away the acrylic paint from the raised bits of Grunge Paste, which left the bones whitish. I chose the four best pieces and cut them to size, then edged all the pieces with Frayed Burlap, Broken China, Pumice Stone, and Walnut Stain Distress inks.

I would have sworn that I had rub-ons and/or stickers with "Specimen" and circled numbers, but I guess I was hallucinating. Again. I went through my stash and found very-old acrylic sticker numbers that I adhered to each of the fish skeleton pieces.

One edge of blue cardstock was punched with my rarely-used Bind-it-all, distressed, and edged with the same inks as above. QuicKutz dies were used for the sentiment.

I've included some close-up shots so that you can see the detail from this technique.

Your next stop on the hop is Dianne's blog, where you will see a gorgeous project!

Remember! If you got lost along the way or feel like revisiting all the fabulous creations you saw, stop by Follow Your Heart, SCACD's store blog for the blog roll!

Thanks for visiting!


  1. Awesome Kathi! Love both, but particularly the fossil card - brilliant.


  2. Fantastic Projects, Kathi! Very creative designs!

  3. Two beautiful projects, the fossils are just BRILLIANT!!! Hugs Delphine xx

  4. Wow!! These are both just awesome, Kathi. I love the way you made the Copic background on your Flower Garden Cat. The fossils are totally amazing. What a cool technique! They sound like a lot of work, but they turned out to look so real.

  5. I always love your stuff and the cat is colored so sweetly. But let me tell you the fossil card is OUT OF THIS WORLD!!!! STUPENDOUS!!!!

  6. Well, first of all, I wasn't the least bit surprised to see a cat image on your card! I think you did a fabulous coloring job on her! Love the colors you chose, your die-cut corners and your DP! :^)
    And your second card looks like fossils--you did a wonderful job with your techniques! Color me impressed! Love it! (If you would quit sniffing the paste, you would quit hallucinating. Just sayin'.)
    Hugs, Penny

  7. The fossils look totally awesome the way you made them! They look real like that :) -- beautiful work.

  8. Totally fell in love with the fossiles card ! Great technique and such a brillant idea :)