Wednesday, November 20, 2013

And now for something different!

I felt like coloring a flower since for some reason I rarely use a flower as a focal image. It's not like I don't have lots of flower stamps. I do. I just don't seem to use them very much.

SCACD's latest release contained a cool new collection called Floral Fun that contains the Baobab Trees set and the Poppy Pods set, which is a great value. Of course, you can get each set separately if you'd prefer.

I opted to use the line art version from the Poppy Pods set. I'm only familiar with red poppies in full bloom and didn't know what poppy pods look like irl. So, I did what comes naturally (not that) and did a Google image search so that my poppies would look relatively realistic.

Here's the card:


I stamped the Poppy Pod using Tuxedo Black Memento ink onto off-white Neenah cardstock, then colored the image with Copic markers (YG91, 93, 95, 97 and Y21, 23, 32). I outlined the images with E70. The image panel was die cut with a Nestabilities die. The panel stayed in the die and Pumice Stone Distress ink was sponged over the die and around the edges.

The patterned papers are from the Reflections 6x6 pad by Echo Park. Some of the edges were distressed using a Tonic distressing tool and a pair of scissors. The distressed edges were sponged with Scattered Straw Distress ink.

Lace from my stash was adhered using my beloved Tiny Attacher. Jute was added to it because the card wanted another touch of yellow and another texture. I listened to it because it was right.

Both the nameplate and Thanks dies are by Memory Box. The nameplate was cut first, then the Thanks sentiment was cut from the nameplate and on contrasting paper. They were layered together.

The card was finished with three dragonflies that were punched from a sheet from the Reflections 6x6 pad by Echo Park.

Thanks for visiting today.

I shall enter this card in the following challenges:
Cards in Envy: Punch It Challenge
Get Inky Challenge #17: Thanks or Thanksgiving
Lady Anne's Challenges: More than One Layer
Pile It On Challenge #46: With Thanks
Sentimental Sundays: Giving Thanks

6 comments:

  1. Very beautiful image and colouring. The layers of the card and background design are very pretty. Cheers, Shirleyx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful Poppies, I love this card, very elegant and beautiful!... Good evening Kathi. Coco xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty cars. Love the flowers and the butterflies.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks lovely - really like the muted colour scheme and elegant feel :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am in LOVE! This is absolutely gorgeous and I am soooo proud of you for going the flower route! You did a fabulicios coloring job on this, love love love!

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is gorgeous!!!! thanks sooo much for playing along with Cards In Envy!!!

    ReplyDelete