Saturday, August 24, 2013

Fairy Queen!

Here's a card using Fairy Queen, who is one of the new Digital Stamps by Carmen Medlin for SCACD. Isn't she pretty?



I reduced her slightly using Photoshop Elements and printed her onto Neenah cardstock using my laser printer. She was colored usings Copic markers, which I'll list below. I added some shading using chalk pencils and then used my Wink of Stella Clear Glitter pen to add some sparkle to the jewels on her headdress, her dress, her wings, and the path she's walking.

The patterned papers are from the Fairy Rhymes 6x6 pad by Prima.  I think it's sold out now, but there are plenty of awesome pads for you to check out HERE! Since I opted to make the Fairy Queen's outfit yellow, the paper needed some more yellow too, so I colored a few of the butterflies to match. I tattered up the edges using my Tim Holtz Distress tool, edged 'em with a Copic marker, then added a touch of Wink of Stella Clear Glitter pen for even more sparkly bits!

Here's a close up so that you can see the glittery parts. I propped up the card on some shrubbery to take the photo. Ha!



I didn't add a sentiment yet. I'll add one when I decide who should get the card and for what occasion. The card was finished with a few pearls to contribute to the regal touch.

Thanks for visiting today!

Copic markers used:
Skin: E000, E00, R000, BV000 and chalk
Hair: C4, C6, C6, C7, C8
Outfit: Y11, Y13, Y21, Y23, Y26, BG70, BG72, and a custom blend of BG 70 and 72
Background: too many to list :D

I shall enter this card in the following challenges:
Card Crafter's Circle #89: Bright Colors
Digitally Sweet #50: Summer Colors

3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous image and you have coloured her beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kathi, she is gorgeous, and so is your card! Love the design and wonderful color palette! Love the distressing and bit of sparkle you added, too! :^)
    Hugs, Penny

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my, this is just wonderful! I love the yellow theme, so elegant, and your dotty outline reminds me of a halo around her. Love it! Oh, and happy belated anniversary, forgot to mention it in my last comment.

    ReplyDelete