Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Bombshell Hump Day Hop!

Can you believe it's already the last Wednesday of the month? That means it's time for the Bombshell Stamps Hump Day Hop!

Alison, our Hump Day Head Honcho, has decreed that November's hop be a Recipe Hop and here's the recipe.

Ingredients:
3 Patterned Papers
2 Bombshell Stamps images
1 Piece of Ribbon

You should have gotten here from Rachael's blog, but if you got lost, the hop list is below!

I decided to use Bombshell's November Sketch, which I altered somewhat.


Here's my card:


I used the Gingerbread Pin-Up and the Gingerbread Dumbbell Guy from Bombshell's Gingerbread Pin-Up digital set.

The images were manipulated in Photo Elements and printed them out. They were colored using Copic markers. I kind of messed up the cast shadows, but such is life.

I added some brown glitter pen details on the gingerbread figures and then used several more colors around the image to make them look even more sugary.

I layered four different patterned papers from the Bittersweet 6x6 pad by Basic Grey, colored a brown and white satin gingham ribbon with R83 Copic marker.

I found some sequins that would work for the circle elements, so I added a tiny rhinestone to the center of each sequin, and added the bejeweled sequins to finish the card.

Here's the hop list:
Bombshell Blog
Alison
Susie
Alaine
Glittery Kate
Jodi
Torrey
Jenn
Kim
Kelli
Cassie
Stempelientje
Rachael
Kathi -- the last stop

13 comments:

  1. Ths is a awesome card Kathi! I have no idea what you mean with the shadows,it just really looks good to me! They look like ready to be eaten....:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omg this is so funny. We both did the dotty thing around the image. I so rarely do that! Hahahahahaha. I have to say I really love this layout with this image and the papers are great. Your coloring is fabulous and the dots are great!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute and creative, kathi! Love the papers and the fun images! Great design!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What I want to know is: what happened to the rest of the year? It has flown by too fast!!!
    I think you did a great job coloring your fun images! Love his wink! Love the take on the take on the sketch, too, as well as those fab papers! :^)
    Hugs, Penny

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome! I love the dots...they remind me of flying sprinkles. Love your coloring...I always have a hard time with shadows for some reason. Great to see this set being used twice in this hop!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card Kathi! I love the coloring of the gingerbread pin-ups and those dots. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete