Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Mother's Day Card #1

I'm getting ready for Mother's Day by making a few cards. Once I have a few, I'll decide which one to actually send to my mom. There's no need for you to worry about her seeing it here because she doesn't visit my blog.


IMHO, this image is perfect for Mother's Day. It just exudes sweetness, don't you think? It's from The Enchanted Gallery's Nature Spirit and Domino Art set I colored it with Copic markers and then chose the patterned papers and ribbon to match. That's the polar opposite of the way I usually do things, but I wanted to play around with hair color and the V family of Copics.

Both patterned papers are from My Mind's Eye 6x6 pads, which I love and adore. The striped paper is from So Sophie "Graceful" pad and the other one is from Six by Six "A Beautiful Life" pad.

Yes, I do consider myself to be "bow impaired". However, I used beautiful hand-dyed seam binding sent to me by the lovely and talented Nicole, who hand dyed it herself!!! The ribbon is kind of crinkly and variegated and makes a gorgeous fluffy imperfect bow! Thank you Nicole!!!

The sentiment is from an incredibly useful set by Purple Onion Designs.

I used a Spellbinders' Lattice Rectangles die as well as their nameplates die. Since I messed up cutting the image and had to trim it way down, I added a layer of of cardstock to mat the image and scored vertical lines for some visual interest. Pearls (colored with Copic V25) were used to finish it off.

I should mention that this is one of my go-to card designs. I never get bored using it.

Thanks for visiting today.

I shall be entering this card in the following challenges:
Craft Your Passions #109 Distressed and Torn Edges
Outlawz Friday Promarker/Copic "Mother's Day" challenge


6 comments:

  1. Ah Kathi - this is soooo sweet. I absolutely love that image and of course your coloring is impecable. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How pretty!! Wonderful card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely image, beautifully coloured. Love that bow. Thanks for joining us at Craft Your Passion.

    Helen (GDT member) xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a sweet tender image and coloured so beautifully.A very pretty card.Thanks for joining us at Craft Your Passion.Hope to see you again next week :D
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh, this is pretty, Kathi! Lovely image and beautifully colored - backed by browns and greens - perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful card, Kathi.

    I'm so glad you were able to use the seam binding.

    ReplyDelete