Sunday, May 20, 2012

Merci for a new stamp release!

Woo-hoo! Third Coast Rubber Stamps has revealed the new release stamps, which includes lots of Steampunk as well as some other great stuff! Best of all, the new release stamps are 20% off through June 10th! Click here to be whisked away to check it out for yourself!

Here's my card featuring Flying Fran (VB-395-R) which you can find on page 41 of the Spring '12 Supplement.

I decided that Flying Fran was a French aerialist and gave her a tightrope wire. She was colored with my Copic markers. The patterned paper is from the Curtain Call 8x8 pad by Graphic 45. I've been using the heck out of that pad!

"Merci" (WS-113-BB) is also from Third Coast Rubber Stamps and can be found on page 26 of the Early Spring '08 Supplement.

BTW, the card is enormous at 5.5" x 8.5". I also discovered that the !@#$% Recollections 8.5" x 11" paper is only 10 15/16". Drove me nuts til I actually measured the freaking paper and realized why things looked uneven. Reminds me when the monochromatic Bazzill cardstock in the packs was 1/16" short.

It also photographed oddly and distorted the layering. It's really actually straight irl, except for that 1/16" discrepancy along the top. *sigh*

Thanks for visiting today!

I shall enter this card in the following challenge(s):
Simon Says Stamp & Show Anything Goes




7 comments:

  1. Love how you've put her on a tightrope...looks amazing. the vintage papers and your coloring just make for a gorgeous card!

    Shelby

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your tightrope walker! The Design Team are really pleased that you joined us for the Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge this week - Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh Kathi, I love this! Love that image and your coloring of it! And of course I love the papers! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just love love love the background papers with this image - great job putting it together!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so, so cool!! Love the whole layout and what a great image :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card! The tightrope walker goes so well with this Graphic 45 paper. Gorgeous coloring.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kathi, I love G45 paper, too! I just got some in an 8x8 pad that I hope will be sized better for my cards. We'll see!
    Love the image and sentiment with this paper--just very, very cool! :^)
    Hugs,
    Penny
    p.s. I hate when that happens with paper sizes, too! :^)

    ReplyDelete