Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Howdy!

Howdy! I've been busy with my new stamps from Third Coast and have been neglecting my other stamps and have also been neglecting challenges, so here's a card that uses some of my Bombshell stamps and meets a mess of challenges!


I used Craft Your Passion Challenge #111 Sketch...


to make this card that meets the "Western" theme over at Outlaws' Copic/Promarker Fridays.

I've used the Cowgirl Rubber stamp from the Retro Cowgirls set. She was colored with Copic markers, put into a die, masked with Winson & Newton Liquid Mask, and airbrushed. Then I ran the shebang through the Big Kick and the freakin' thing adhered to the cutting plate. Grrr. So there's a bit of paper pilling that I hope isn't too heinous.

I wanted to meet Ms. May's challenge over at the Bombshell Forum, but I failed because I didn't use a pin, though I did use red and a rose. I decided to make my roses yellow because of that "Yellow Rose of Texas" song. Anyway, the small rose from Rose's Portrait set was stamped onto old wood-patterned Cosmo Cricket patterned paper using Wild Honey Distress ink and colored with pastel pencils by Derwent. I hadn't done that in a while and it was a fun way to get a subtle look. I also stamped the same rose three times, colored 'em with Copic markers, "fussy cut" them, and then shaped them a bit.

"Howdy" came from the Western Gal set and was die cut and airbrushed.

The floral print and striped patterned papers came from My Mind's Eye Miss Caroline--Howdy Doody 6x6 pad. I really love MME these days!

Thanks for visiting today!

This card shall be entered in the following challenges:
Craft Your Passion Challenge #111 -- Sketch challenge
Outlawz Copic/Promarker Friday "Western" challenge
• Ms. May's Tic-Tac-Toe challenge for Bombshell stamps



3 comments:

  1. This looks great Kathi!! I'm super impressed with all your crafting technical know-how too!! Do love this image and so perfect for the Outlawz challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This turned out adorable - I love what you've done with the stamp...your coloring is inspiring!
    Hugs,
    Jodi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kathi, lots of cool techniques for this card! Love the patterns and colors with your image! :^)
    Hugs,
    Penny

    ReplyDelete