Friday, February 24, 2012

The Traveling Cat

It's my last "official" card for my Outlawz Copic/Promarker Fridays Guest Design gig. I sure had fun playing along and am still gobsmacked and chuffed that they asked me!



Sometimes it's fun to make up back stories for my cards. I've decided that the Traveling Cat image from the Cats sheet by The Enchanted Gallery is leaving Paris after a torrid rendez-vous with Puss in Boots and this is their sad au revoir at Le Gare D'Austerlitz.

Anyways, she was colored with Copic markers. I used the "dirty rag" technique on her fur stole. The patterned papers are from the Boxer 6x6 pad and the Curtain Call 8x8 pad by Graphic 45. The sentiment is from the Tiny Wise Words set by Rubber Soul, which is a fabulous set of wonderful little sentiments that used to be a rub-on sheet too!

I'm not totally thrilled with this one, but done is done and done is good. I plan on making a lighter colored version using Madame Le Chat soon.

Thanks for visiting today!

I shall enter this card in the following challenges.
The Outlawz Copic/Promarker Fridays "Anything Goes" challenge
• Simon Says Stamp and Show "New York, London, or Paris" challenge (I'll take Paris!)
• iCopic Lovers Weekly Challenge #70 -- Animals

8 comments:

  1. Fabulous card Kathi and I love the back story too :) You're going to have to fill me on the "dirty rag" technique as I'm very intrigued!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Giggling over your card story - love that idea - might have to adopt that one, but kinda afraid of what might come out of this strange mind of mine... LOL

    Anyway, love this card. Your image is amazing and colored to perfection (as always).
    Hugs,
    Jodi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Terrific card, Kathi! Love the image and I'm very interested in the technique you used! Fab coloring and design!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The swirly background is beautiful!! Reminds me of the inner cover of some old books my dad has. Really lovely! The stamps around the edge are neat too!

    Thanks so much for entering the Simon Says Stamp & Show Challenge!!!

    -Sarah

    For More Opportunities:
    *Follow Simon Says Stamp on Twitter
    *Like Simon Says Stamp on Facebook
    *Subscribe to Simon Says Stamp on YouTube
    *Follow Simon Says Stamp on Pinterest
    *Sign up for our Newsletter

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card Kathi! I love your little back story too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i think its wonderful! love the colors (-:

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kathi, Your card is outstanding. Love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  8. tehehehe....how cute is your card and a story to boot!! LOVE IT!

    THANKS BUNCHES for playing along with this weeks Challenge at Simon Says Stamp and Show!!!

    ReplyDelete