Friday, November 19, 2010

Kick up your heels & celebrate! Another new release card!



Here's another birthday card using one of the new Western-themed digital stamps from Bombshell. I'm essentially ignorant of all things equine AND I was on vacation, away from Google, so I had to wing it as far as coloring the horse and its accessories. I hope I got it right.

I colored with Copic markers, used Glaze pen on the hooves, and used old, beloved Flair Designs papers from my stash with the leather-look specialty paper from FiberMark.

This image was colored the day after flying down to Florida. Apparently, my E35 marker had some problem with the pressurization/depressurization thang, because it spat a blot all over my paper after I had colored the focal image. Fortunately, the blot was not over the image, but I had no alternative other than coming up with a way to cover or delete the blot. I opted for paper tearing. Yahoo. Problem solved. Lesson learned. After flying, open your markers away from your project.

Thanks for visiting today!

2 comments:

  1. Wow, you're totally just churning out the cards! (Did you de-pressurize your markers after flying with them? Just open both sides... Gotta do it after any flight).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card turned out amazing Kathi!

    ReplyDelete