Sunday, September 12, 2010

Moon Cat

I've been making a concerted effort to get inky every day AND to use stamps from my collections. I figure if I use them, I can buy more. *big grin*



The Moon Cat by Third Coast Rubber Stamps was stamped then colored with Copic markers. I decided he needed to be a Siamese if you please.

A VersaMarker was used to ink over his wings, then Polysparkle embossing powder was heat set to add sparkle, dimension, and serve as a resist. The moon was also colored with VersaMarker, then heat embossed with a combo of silver, white, and Polysparkle embossing powder. Some of the embossing powder escaped, but it kind of adds to the nebula-like look.

Eclipse tape was used to mask the body of the cat. Sakura Glitter pen was used to add sparkle to the stars, which were then coated with a layer of Sakura Glaze pen to act as a resist.

Once everything was masked and/or coated with a resisting medium, I sponged blue and purple Distress Ink over the image. When the ink was dry, but before the mask was removed, water was sprinkled to add some splotches and dots.

The stamped and inked scene was mounted onto plain white cardstock, then onto patterned papers from the Lime Rickey collection by Basic Grey!

Thanks for visiting today!

3 comments:

  1. I think blogger might have eaten my first comment but I'll apologize if this is my second comment. I LOVE this! The coloring is fab + the inking resist! Really makes the image pop! LOVE LOVE LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous techniqe with your masking, the background looks incredible!

    ReplyDelete