Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Caardvark's Sketchfest Tuesday-- Take #1

When I first saw Caardvark's Sketchfest Tuesday's sketch, I admit that I was flummoxed. However, I thought for a bit, pulled out a bunch of Bombshell Stamps sets and came up with two ideas using Bombshell Stamps. I also came up with an idea for another card using a different stamp company, which would probably be a cool idea to show that I can, in fact, use other stamps than Bombshell or Odd Bird Planet. The second card is on my table. I'll see if I get to the third idea (non-Bombshell) or not. After all, all play and no sleep makes Kathi a grumpy gal.



This card uses the anchor and "Hold Fast" banner sentiment from the Ahoy There set and the anchor chain from the Homeward Bound set by Bombshell Stamps.

I colored the image and sentiment with Copic markers and colored the stars with a blue At You Spica glitter pen. The chain was stamped with Starlite Black Brilliance ink. I edged the layers with Distress ink, just because I felt like it.

The patterned papers are by Flair Designs. Like yesterday, I did a favorite layering technique whereby I match up layers of the patterned papers. It's an effective technique and actually requires that I use old arithmetic skills. Oh the horror!

Thanks for visiting today!

6 comments: