Friday, September 25, 2009

Caardvark's Sketchfest Thursday -- Two Cards!

Eureeka! I'm on a roll! While the Mojo Express is at my station, I'd better stay aboard! I did two cards for Caardvark's Sketchfest Thursday because I was not thrilled with my first one. I thought it was sort of boring.

Anyways, here's the first card.


I used Sail Away patterned paper by Flair Designs with one of their older stickers, which was a border. I used my word window punch and cut it down to size! I used the compass, ship's wheel, and anchor icons from the Ahoy There set by Bombshell Stamps and stamped them with Rust Brilliance ink. The icons included in each stamp set can be so very useful!

Here's the second one, which is a 6" x 6" card.


I used the martini from the Lady Luck set by Bombshell Stamps with birthday candle paper from Scenic Route and subtly printed red paper by Memory Box. I colored the martini with Copics and added Spica glitter pen to add some shimmer to the glasses. I also added a foil border sticker and a foil sentiment by Stampendous.

Thanks for visiting today!

5 comments:

  1. well i like them both...so today's post is TWICE AS NICE!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very clever, and I like how you make the simple stamps stand out. Sometimes they're forgotten or crafters don't realize their potential. Way to go you crafty girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Martinis ... sailboats ... what's not to love ... fantastic sketch designs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh martinis and sailboats! :)

    ReplyDelete