Sunday, August 31, 2008

Finally! More fun with gnomes!


Sorry it took me so long to get back to blogging. The teenager and I had to finish shopping for college, visit friends and relatives, squeeze in some more nagging/hectoring/life lessons/quaity time, plus I had to crack the whip to make her sort her stuff into "staying", "going", and "tossing" piles. It all finally got sorted and packed. We drove her to college, helped her settle in, and left her there, which was probably the hardest thing I ever had to do. However, her phone call, emails, and text messages have sounded euphoric. She's happy, making friends, and managing things. Classes start Wednesday. If she manages to get over her predilection to procrastinate, she'll do fine.

I'm a bit of a wreck, but was finally able to sit down and work on some cards today, w hich left me feeling a bit less weepy and more centered.

So, here they are.

The "Happy Bird Day" card features Cathrine's Mushroom Scene with Kelly's Gnome with Birds Left. The paper is Mellow by Basic Grey.

"Metro-Gnome Missed your Birthday" is completely computer generated. I found a photo of a metro/subway station and dropped in an image of Kelly's Skating Gnome Left. I erased his skates to make it look like he was running for a train. I printed out the scene and colored the Gnome. Dymo tape (one of my favorite things) added my sentiment, plus some color and texture.

Thanks for visiting!

6 comments:

  1. Fabulous cards! Another fantastic metro-nome card. I remember the other one;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These cards are superb Kathi! I love them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These gnomes cards just makes me smile and giggle! They are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so good with the puns. I especially like your metro gnome. That is hilarious. This metro card is so darn cute with the photo. I like the first card, too, with all the nice coloring. What did you color the image with?

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG Kath that metro gnome card is wicked!!

    Glad to hear the teenager is settling in - and you too! There's nothing better than paper and glue to "center" yourself!

    D

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are so cute Kathi! I love the Gnomes. You are making great cards with them.

    ReplyDelete