Monday, April 21, 2008

Better late than never!

There were so many great challenges and samples posted by my teammates during the justjohanna Earth Day celebration. The participants created some totally wonderful cards. I'm just completely inspired by it all!

However, since I had family doings all weekend, I was unable to participate fully. So I've decided to continue to do the challenges and try to conserve, reduce, re-use, and recycle all sorts of things to use in my papercrafting.

This window scene from this card came from the Country Curtains catalog, which came in the mail. That means that the card works for my "Stamp Out Junk" challenge and Kim F's "Stamp on Photos" challenge. Yahoo!

Anyways, I stamped two priscilla minis using Palette Noir ink. I colored the kitties with my black Prismacolor marker to obliterate their faces, so it looked as though they were looking out the window! The marker ink was a bit translucent, so I had to build layers. Because I stamped on the coated stock of magazine/catalog paper, the ink stayed tacky a bit longer. I got some on my fingers and transferred the ink to the left side of the window. I solved that dilemma by strategically placing the heart over the fingerprints. "friends" came from "I couldn't have pecked a better friend".

Consider joining me in completing some more of the Earth Day challenges. Visit the Earth Day gallery for inspiration. Be sure to share your results there too. Your prize will be completed projects and reducing waste.

Thanks for visiting today!

2 comments:

  1. This is brilliant...I love the kitties looking out the window!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how you did this, it was such a fun challenge!

    ReplyDelete