Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Snowy holiday card



This holiday card was fun to do in July when it was 98° outside. It made me feel much cooler.

The stamps are spring tree, sylvie right, sylvie left (birds), music staff, treble clef, and note from justjohanna. I used QuicKutz' clear stamps for the "falala".

The tree and birds were colored with watercolor pencils. The sky was inked with Sky Blue Pearlescent Brilliance ink.

I made the spring tree into a winter tree by masking off the leaves prior to stamping and then adding white acrylic paint where snow would accumulate. I sprinkled irridescent glitter onto the wet paint. I did the same thing to the ground and tree roots.

The patterned paper is by EK Success. I bought a 25 pack of it for $1.00 at a warehouse sale and then split it with friends. I certainly have gotten a lot of use from that pack! Ivy Bling specialty paper by FiberMark was used for the holly leaf photo turn die cuts.

Thanks for visiting today!

3 comments: