Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Time for Spring!


Here in New Jersey we're enjoying warmer weather and the days are getting longer too, which makes me yearn for the arrival of spring. However, it's always good to appreciate every day, which inspired this card with the Mayday silhouette stamp (Rubber Romance) and the clock/sentiment from The Old and the New half sheet (Stampinback). Both stamps are available at I Brake for Stamps.

This card is a bit unusual for me as I've done absolutely NO coloring. However, I did make a scene and I love to make scenes (on cards - not drama queen scenes). I actually had to plan the scene to figure out where to place the elements and even with that, I had to wing it a little bit.

The first step was to stamp Mayday and the clock/sentiment from The Old and the New half sheet onto the plastic sheet of my Stamp-a-ma-jig (EK Success). The clock/sentiment was also stamped onto Eclipse Tape (Judikins) then fussy-cut.

The Stitched Scene Builder Edger dies (Frantic Stamper) were used to die-cut Eclipse Tape, which was adhered to a piece of White Pearl Shimmering cardstock (Crafter's Companion). Using the Stamp-a-ma-jig, the clock/sentiment was stamped in position using Jet Black Archival ink (Ranger) then heatset.

The fussy-cut the clock/sentiment was adhered over its counterpart and Chipped Sapphire, Blueprint Sketch, Salty Ocean, Picked Raspberry, and Wild Honey Distress inks (Ranger) were sponged onto the cardstock to create the sky.

The Eclipse Tape mask over the the clock/sentiment was lifted and Squeezed Lemonade Distress and Wild Honey Distress inks were sponged over the the clock/sentiment sun. The sky portion of the card front was heat set.

The die-cut Stitched Scene Builder Edger die-cut Eclipse Tape was lifted, then the other part of the die-cut was positioned over the sky and sun so I could create the ground. Forest Moss and Mowed Lawn Distress inks were sponged over the Stitched Scene Builder Edger die-cut masks, The grassy ground was then heat set.

Mayday was stamped onto the card front using the Stamp-a-ma-jig to position the children. The impressions were touched up with a bit of Black Pitt Artist pens (Faber Castell).

The Flower Arch stencil (Imagination Crafts) was positioned along the top of the card front and Jet Black StazOn ink (Imagine Crafts) was sponged over the stencil. The stencil was lifted and the card front was edged with the StazOn ink. The piece was matted with black cardstock, adhered to a yellow card, and I called it done!

I will definitely be using this design and stamp combination again, perhaps with acrylics!

I Brake for Stamps is where you'll find great selections of Rubber Romance and Stampinback stamps plus lots of other stamp companies. Click on my badge below to be whisked over there to check out all of the goodies! Best of all, if you buy something, you can get a 10% discount off of your purchase if you use this code: SAVE10KATHI!


Thanks for visiting today!

I shall enter this card into the following challenges:
Fashionable Stamping Challenges: Sunrise/Sunset
The Paper Players Challenges: Rain or Shine
Through the Purple Haze Challenges: Make a Scene
Time Out Challenges: Spring/Easter with a Twist (Masking)
Simon Says Monday Challenges: Make Your Own Background

7 comments:

  1. What a glorious scene! Love the silhouettes celebrating! So glad you shared it at the Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've used a superb collection of stamps here Kat which have all worked beautifully together to produce the finished card. I really like the way that you've used the clock to represent the Sun and that sentiment is a favourite of mine, in fact I used it in my last post. I absolutely agree with you that we should appreciate each and every day. I love the sunset colours in the background and the dancing children in the foreground give the card such a joyful feel. Thank you so much for joining us at Fashionable Stamping Challenges. Sandra x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your little silhouette scene. It is beautiful and perfect for the Make A Scene challenge at TTPH. Thanks so much for entering, Jackie DT x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely scene....although I can't do them as well as you do! I love the silhouette, so pretty! Thanks for sharing this with the Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a lovely happy scene for your dancing children. Love the idea of the stamped clock over the sun - perfect sentiment too.
    Thanks for sharing with us at FSC
    Avril x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely lovely sky inking. I love all the shades mixed softly all together. Thank you for joining Simon Monday Challenge this wek.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The silhouette images are some of my favorite. Love them. Thanks so much for playing with us at Time Out!

    ReplyDelete