Tuesday, January 5, 2016

2016 Parrot Calendar


It's 2016 so I needed a new tear off calendar. Thanks to the Internet, I've fallen in love with parrots. Truth be told, I've always loved them, but last year, I started following an Australian woman who hand-raises and trains parrots from the eggs to their adoption. She shares videos and photos on FB and I find it totally captivating. So when I saw this image, Parrots (I Brake for Stamps), I had to get it! This is my first time using the stamp, which seemed appropriate for my new calendar!

Parrots was stamped with Tuxedo Black Memento ink (Imagine Crafts/Tsukineko), colored with Copic markers, fussy-cut, and edged with a Black Pitt Artist pen (Faber Castell).

Scraps of tropical foliage and patterned green paper, hoarded from the Tropical Travelogue 8x8 pad (Graphic 45), were edged with Black Soot Distress ink. The calendar was stapled onto one of the scraps of tropical foliage paper. 2016 was die-cut from the green-patterned paper using the Mermaid font die (Die-Versions). Black cardstock was die-cut using one of the dies from the Sentiment Frame #1 set (Cherry Lynn Designs).

You really ought to go check out I Brake for Stamps stamps, plus all the other great stamps at I Brake For Stamps. Click on my badge below to be whisked over there to check out their fabulous images! Best of all, if you buy something, use this code: SAVE10KATHI  and you'll get 10% off your purchase.


Thanks for visiting today!

I shall enter my calendar into the following challenges:
 Stamping Sensations Challenges: Anything Goes with a Die
Card and Scrap Challenges: Stamp
Brown Sugar Challenges: Happy New Year
Not Just Cards Challenges: Anything Goes
• Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenges: Something New 


2 comments:

  1. I love your Parrot Calender...!
    On Facebook.....try "For the love of Parrots".

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm completely out of date and not present on blogs and FB at the moment... but really wanted to wish you personally a very happy and creative New Year Kathi!!
    Your parrots and this calendar page is simply wonderful as usual :)
    I wish you th very best for 2016, still following your artworks as much as possible be sure. :)
    Hugs yo you & 'Bises' in French,
    Coco

    ReplyDelete