Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Here Kitty Kitty Kitty!


I seem to be in a catty mood lately so I thought I'd continue my cat streak by using Kibbles and Betts, from the fabulous and funny Humorous Senior Collection of stamps (I Brake for Stamps). If you're a cat person, you know that your house is secretly run by your cat(s). Cats can be finicky, especially as they get older. So this image totally tickled me since I've gotten down on my hands and knees to tempt my kitties with treats.

Kibbles and Betts was stamped with Tuxedo Black Memento ink (Tsukineko/Imagine Crafts) onto white cardstock and onto Eclipse Tape (Judikins). The Eclipse Tape version was fussy-cut to be used as a mask. The cardstock image was colored with Copic markers as was the floor. The Eclipse Tape mask was placed over the image, Removable Scotch Tape was used to cover the floor area, and the background was airbrushed with an E81 marker and the Copic Airbrush System. My Damask stencil (The Crafter's Workshop) was placed over the background and Y32 Copic marker was airbrushed over the stencil. The stencil was lifted and shadows were added with the Copic marker. Pink Spica Glitter pen (Copic) was added to Bett's earring. Black Spica Glitter pen was added to her glasses, then her glasses were coated with a layer of Clear Gelly Glaze pen (Sakura).

The image panel was distressed with the edge of a scissor and matted with solid cardstock. Old patterned paper from My Mind's Eye and Doodlebug were layered and the image panel was adhered in place. A scrap of cardstock from the card base and mat layer was die-cut with a tag die (QuicKutz) and a rub-on (QuicKutz). The sentiment was popped up on dimensional foam squares and baker's twine was threaded through the tag's hole, then knotted.

You really ought to go check out  Humorous Senior Collection of stamps and all the other great stamps at I Brake For Stamps. Click on my badge below to be whisked over there to check out their fabulous images! Best of all, if you buy something, use this code: SAVE10KATHI  and you'll get 10% off your purchase.


Thanks for visiting today!

I shall enter this card into the following challenges:
Cute Card Thursdays: Birds or Animals (Mine has a cat and an old "bird")

No comments:

Post a Comment