I've used two of the Koi stamps and the grouped Lily Pad stamp, from SCACD's Customize Your Koi Pond set (three Koi stamps, three Lily Pad stamps) to create this card.
My first step was to stamp the big grouped Lily Pad stamp with Lettuce Adirondack ink onto 140 lb. Mixed Media Strathmore cardstock. I colored the pads using Inktense pencils, then coated them with a layer of Glossy Glue and Seal, which acted like a resist and added a glossy texture. The largest Koi was stamped with Spiced Marmalade, Wild Honey, and Rusty Hinge Distress inks, and colored with Distress markers to even out the stamping and add a bit of shading.
The large grouped Lily Pad and big Koi were stamped onto Eclipse tape and fussy cut. The Eclipse tape masks were placed over their counterparts and a variety of BG and B Copic markers were airbrushed over them to create the water in the Koi pond.
The masks were lifted and the stamped pond was set aside. You'd think that with all the dies that I have, I'd have one to create a frame for this scene. Nosiree. So a cardstock frame was cut so that the aperture would fit the Koi pond. The frame was layered over the Koi pond. It looked a little stark so I used one of the two dies included in SCACD's Classic Corners set to die-cut kraft cardstock, which were placed in the four corners of the frame. Much better.
I have an extensive punch collection and I've been trying to remember to use it. The collection contains four dragonfly punches and I used three of them (McGill, Hyglo, and Paper Shapers) to punch white metallic cardstock. The three dragonflies were colored (on both sides) using Distress markers and were adhered to the card. Their wings were folded up to make 'em a bit more realistic.
A strip of Kraft cardstock was cut with a Die-Namics die. Twine attached to a Copic-colored coin was adhered over it.
Thanks for visiting today!