It's time for the weekly challenge over at Stampotique Designers Challenges. It's a repeat of challenge #131, which is to use stars. You should enter, but be sure to read the instructions so that you get the chance to win a fabulous prize!
Apparently stars make me think of songs, so this time I went with this classic. Take it away Bing!
This isn't my best coloring or fussy cutting job as I recently had cataract surgery. I have one bionic eye that can see distance, but not close-up, and an astygmatic-miopic eye that can't see without correction. My solution? Put on my mid/near vision glasses, cover the left lens, and color. I also do this for computer usage. It's not a pretty solution, but it works. BTW, I do the reverse to watch television. Upside is that I look like a pirate. Arrrr.
Anyway, I used one of the adorable birds from Stampotique's Birdy Up. I really think I should name the birds because I use this stamp so often! He was stamped using Tuxedo Black Memento ink and colored with Copic markers, fussy cut, then edged with black marker. I added Diamond Glaze glue to his eyes, but since I'm such a pro with eye drops now, it didn't hurt him a bit. He was put aside to rest while I worked on the rest of the tag.
I die-cut the tag from black chipboard using an Alterations die. I found an uppercase letter "I" amongst my chipboard and colored it with brown ink. The star die-cut was left over from last week's star project, so I just colored it using Salty Ocean and Squeezed Lemonade Distress inks.
The "I" was adhered to the tag using Best Glue Ever by Scraperfect. The star was adhered using a dimensional foam square. Two strands of gold thread were tied around the "I" and around the star. The colored, fussy-cut bird from Birdy Up was adhered in place using two layers of dimensional foam adhesive.
Copic Opaque White paint was applied to a paintbrush using a toothpick, then spritzed onto the black tag to look like stars.
The sentiment was computer generated, cut apart, edged with Copic markers, and adhered to the tag, and is probably crooked thanks to my wonky eyesight.
I wanted to add a bit more gold to the tag, so I used a stipple brush to stipple Golden Glitz Delicata ink here and there around the tag.
The tag was finished with black and gold dotted sheer ribbon and some golden glittery blue and gold ribbon.
Thanks for visiting today!