This month we're showcasing the Rose's Portrait set for Muse Monday over on Bombshell's Blog! Click on over every Monday to see some fabulous artwork by the Bombshell Girls and Pin-Ups!
This week it's my turn, so here's my tag!
I decided to try a technique that is new to me and am quite pleased with the way it came out, especially for a first go at it. Now I shall bore you all with a lengthy narrative.
As you might know, I've become enamored of Paper Artsy's Fresco Finish paints and have become a slavish devotee of their You Tube videos. I also follow their blog closely because their designers always share some really cool techniques, hints, tips, tricks, and even share their mistakes.
Over the months, I've seen several people do this technique and finally got the courage to go for it last night. Then I had to leave it on my craft table and go do social family type things today, but I got to see and hold a seriously cute baby and have a delicious dinner including two desserts! Yahoo.
Can I digress or what? Anyway. . . I stamped the Rose Banner stamp from Rose's Portrait set on Idea-ology Tissue paper using Jet Black Archival ink. I then flipped the tissue paper and painted the rose and banner with a few yellows, a green, and two brownish shades of Fresco Finish paints. I put it aside to let it air dry.
While it was drying, I applied two yellow paints to 140 lb. Mixed Media cardstock by Strathmore using the back (gray) side of a piece of Inkssentials Cut-N- Dry foam. Then I went to sleep, woke up, read the Sunday paper, surfed the net, showered, and left for a day of family fun.
When I came back this evening, I cut the painted Tissue paper to size, used some Post-It notes to mask off the area above and below the Rose Banner, and painted over the Rose Banner with a pale yellow.
Forest Green StazOn ink was sponged over my new Harlequin Layering stencil onto the painted cardstock. Matte Glue n' Seal was then brushed over the stenciled, painted cardstock and the tissue paper was adhered to it. I used a brayer to flatten the tissue as much as possible. The top corners were punched with my Tonic corner punch to make the cardstock into a tag. The edges were all distressed with a Tonic Distressing tool, then sponged with Frayed Burlap Distress ink.
Meanwhile, I still had a bit of painted yellow cardstock, so I stamped the poem (from Rose's Portrait set) onto it and heat set it. The sentiment panel was then die-cut using a Spellbinders die. The sentiment was kept in the die and Frayed Burlap Distress ink was sponged over the die.
Yellow and green Distress markers were applied directly to the rubber on the small rose stamp (included in the Rose's Portrait set). I huffed on the stamp and stamped over the sentiment verse. It's subtle, but there. I used my beloved Tiny Attacher to staple the sentiment to the tag.
A hole was punched at the top and colored jute was threaded through the opening. And I was done. Hurrah!