Friday, June 21, 2013

Nothing ventured, nothing gained...

So Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps is holding a contest for a Guest Designer spot, so I decided to go for it. After all, as the post title says, "Nothing ventured, nothing gained."

Here's my entry, which had to include some sparkle.
























I actually won this stamp, which had was accompanied by the sentiment "Sharing is Loving", but since I don't know who will get it for what occasion, I left off the sentiment. I also don't know what her name is, but she sure is cute with that mischievous expression.

She was stamped with Tuxedo Black Memento ink and colored with Copic markers which I'll list below. I had a bit of an oopsy with the yellow markers on her blouse. They got all shiny, so I used some colorless blender, which made a total mess. Thankfully, I think I rescued the project by taking a break from it and letting the blender dry. I was able to camouflage the worst of "the yellow bleed" by creating a cloudy sky. Gah. I hate when markers go all shiny and goopy.

I needed to add some sparkle, so I used my new clear Wink of Stella pen on her shoes, buttons, and on her hairband. I know when my daughter was little, her most favorite pair of shoes ever was the pair that was glittery. She also liked glittered accessories. These days she favors black and skulls. :D

Additional shimmer was added by using metallic black cardstock for the die cut frame and corners. The patterned papers are from the Collectable: Remarkable 6x6 pad by My Mind's Eye (which is on sale right now!)

The card was finished with metallic shimmery black cardstock and patterned paper red cardstock die cuts cut with SCACD's Garden Corners die. I love SCACD's dies. They're so detailed, yet cut so cleanly!

Thanks for visiting today!

Copic markers used:
Skin: E000, E00, E11, E50, E93, BV20, R20
Lips: R21
Hair: C4, C6, C7, C8
Shoes: C4, C7, C8 and Wink of Stella Glitter pen
Blouse: Y11, Y21, Y23, Y26
Skirt and Hairband: BG11, BG13, BG23, Y35 (dots)
Flowers: R24, R29, Y35
Hearts: R39, R59
Sky: B21 and custom less-than-B21
Clouds: C00, C)
Grass: YG11, YG13, YG17

I shall enter this card in the following contests:
Kraftin' Kimmie Challenges: "Anything Goes"
Kraftin' Kimmie: Guest Designer Contest
Paper Playtime #12: Anything Goes
Stamping for the Weekend: Anything Goes

5 comments:

  1. Darling card, Kathi! Love that image--she's too cute! Love your coloring, your DP, and the wonderful die cuts! And I can't see any problem with your coloring! :^)
    I certainly am cheering you on to get a DP spot! :^)
    Hugs, Penny
    Have a great weekend! :^)

    ReplyDelete
  2. She looks cute but very mischievous! Lovely card and fab colouring - best of luck with the DT spot :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card, I love the sweet image and beautiful papers.
    Thank you for taking part in the Stampin' for the Weekend Challenge.
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this! Those clouds are amazing so I guess the yellow bleed was a happy accident. Ever watch Bob Ross? Lets make "happy clouds"...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card Thanks for sharing with us at stampin for the weekend! Hugs Rebekah xx

    ReplyDelete