Monday, April 8, 2013

Bombshell Stamps: Muse Monday, featuring the Harley Bikes set!

Over on Bombshell's Blog, we're taking one set per month and showcasing it. Since the Bombshell Girls represent a myriad of styles, there's a great variety of inspiration to be had!

This month, we're featuring the Harley Bikes set.

Here's a look at the set


Here's what I created with it!


I stamped one of the two motorcycles from this set onto a piece of lined patterned paper from the White Basics 6x6 pad by Basic Grey using Tuxedo Black Memento ink then colored it with my Copic markers using mainly cool greys, BG70, 72, 75, Y21 & 23 for the headlights, and Y000 & Y11 for the background. I still am not good at coloring metal to achieve that shine, but I'll keep practicing! I'm also not very familiar with motorcycles, which probably shows...

I chose my motorcycle's color to match The Wayfarer 6x6 pad by Bazzill Basics. I matted the motorcycle piece onto the teal patterned sheet, then added Street patterned Washi tape. I chose some more patterns from the Wayfarer pad and fussy cut the side border from one and the banners from another. I layered all the pieces together, added part of SCACD's beautiful new Contempo Compass Statement Corner, then added a few teal pearls to finish the piece!

I did not use a sentiment because I really love the quote on the patterned paper which reads "Not all who wander are lost." I can always go back and add one later.

Thanks for visiting today!

4 comments:

  1. Oh, how very cool, Kathi! I think you did a fab job of coloring the motorcycle! And I love the papers you chose for your design; especially love all the fun, cool & interesting embellies! :^)
    Hugs, Penny

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab card, Kathi! The papers are perfect with the image, which you colored wonderfully! Great details!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic!! Hubby's a Harley guy through and through and I'm also a fan of the bike scene in general so I just love this :) love the way you kept it all simple but relative to the feel of the card - great stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  4. All I can say is your coloring on this rocks! I thought it was a printed image until you said you colored it!

    ReplyDelete