Friday, January 11, 2013

"Strong" Tag

I'm still coughing a ton and have managed to bruise my ribs. Big fun. Then to further the fun factor, I spent an hour and a half on the phone with tech support to try to get the freakin' dvrs functioning. It seems that Box O' Rocks, our affectionate name for the installation technician, fouled up the Coax cable and/or other things... So I get to waste another day next week to get this all sorted.

Bollocks!

So, after that fun interlude, I hied to my craft table and had a play with my new Dylusions Sprays, a stencil, and some SCACD stamps.

This is what happened. (Click on it to enlarge it!)


I actually started with a sheet of heavy mixed media cardstock, plus two tags. I sprayed water over the cardstock and tags, then sprayed a layer of Pure Sunshine, Lemon Zest, and Squeezed Orange Dylusions too. I let the colors blend, mopped it up, then sprayed water again. Then I sprayed Bubblegum Dylusions Spray over the Sunburst stencil by The Crafter's Workshop, lifted the stencil and plopped it ink-side down on another area of the tag. I repeated this process many times until I was happy with the result and then heat set the inks.

The next step was to stamp the Blank Canvas and Resilient Woman solid stamp with Onyx VersaFine ink and heat emboss with glittery black embossing powder.

The next step was to stamp The Rays from The Rays and Steampunk Clock set by SCACD with Ripe Persimmon Distress ink below her to ground her and above her to give her a halo. "Strong" from The Self Words set was stamped with Picked Raspberry Distress Ink.

The tag was still missing something, so I sponged some rays and circles with Picked Raspberry ink and the same Sunburst stencil and edged the entire thing with Black Soot Distress ink.

I cut a length of tulle, stuck it in a plastic bag, and sprayed in some Bubblegum Dylusions ink and squished it around.

Best of all is that I still have that sheet of sprayed and stenciled cardstock to play around with another day!

Thanks for visiting today!

4 comments:

  1. Bruised a rib??? OW! I'm so sorry. That hurts like crazy.

    Very cute tag. The tulle is the perfect touch.

    How do you like the Dylusion sprays? I make my own but her color intensity is tempting me - a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you feel better soon. Witch hazel is good for bruises.

    Tag is great. I like how it embossed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you get shot of that nasty bug soon!! Know how you feel so you have my sympathies! Love this tag - great effects, especially the silhouette :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this, Kathi! It is yummy! You layered everything perfectly for a wonderful result! :^)
    Gosh, I am sorry about your ribs. Hopefully you aren't laughing too much now--I know they say laughter is the best medicine, but not if your ribs hurt!
    Hugs, Penny

    ReplyDelete