Monday, December 10, 2012

Bombshell's Muse Monday!

Muse Monday is a special day at the Bombshell Blog. Each month, Alison, our Challenge Captain, selects one set of Bombshell set to be showcased on each Monday throughout that month.

This month's set is Pin-Stripes, which is one of the sets in the Hot Rod Collection.

Pin-Stripes and Striped by Me are very versatile sets.

Here's my card.


I was already covered with ink and my table top was a mess, so I decided to continue getting inky and used the Wrinkle Free Distress technique, but I also added some Kosher Salt and also some Heirloom Gold Perfect Mist to the mix.

When it was all dry, I stamped the large Pin-Stripe Stamp using Onyx Black VersaFine ink, then stamped the mirror image smaller swooshes. I used some sparkly black embossing powder, with mixed results. I don't know if it's my new heat gun, but the ep wasn't melting properly, which was rather irritating.

So, I brushed off what wasn't sticking and used a Pitch Black Spica Glitter pen to touch it up and add black sparkle.

The entire piece was edged with Black Soot Distress ink and finished with black glitter paper corners cut using one of the two dies in SCACD's Classic Corner set.

Go to Bombshell's blog to check out other ways to use the wonderful and versatile Pin-Stripes set

Thanks for visiting today!

3 comments:

  1. Kathi, this is a work of art! Just beautiful! Love that background, the stamped image & your die cuts! What a wonderful piece! :^)
    Hugs, Penny
    P.S. I can't tell where you had difficulty with your embossing! So there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wowzer love that background inking work...beautiful explosion of color.

    Shelby

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super card. I love the way you colored the background. It really makes the pinstripes pop and those corner elements are perfect to set it off.

    ReplyDelete