Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Procrastination strikes. Again! July 4th Time Warp card!

Yeah. My natural tendency to procrastinate plus some yummy-and-strong margaritas plus some user error plus some Blogger misteps has produced a time-warped July 4th card.

Why is it timewarped? Because Blogger lets us turn back the hands of time! Gotta love that. Wish it were possible in real life. Alas. Alack.

I hope you had a lovely July 4th!

Here it is!

The card uses one of Bombshell's FREE-to-newletter-subscriber's digital flag stamps (that I used below for my bad-pun card) together with the sailor girl from Bombshell's Ahoy Sailor set.

Both the flag and the sailor girl were colored with Copic markers. Spica glitter pen was used on the sentiment, stars, and swooshes. Glaze pen went over the Spica glitter pen on the sentiment to give it some dimension as well.

I stole an idea from the ever-so-talented Alaine, who is one of my Bombshell sisters. She had used a Labels Four Nestabilities die to cut out the flag and I thought it was brilliant. So I stole the idea. However, I messed up a bit when the die didn't cut all the way through, so I ended up distressing my edges with a distress tool and the edge of a scissor. I also used a curvy ruler to cut the top edge, so I distressed that too.

The center of the rope circle was cut out to form a frame for my sailor girl. She was masked with Eclipse tape and airbrushed. The Sunburst stencil by The Crafters Worskhop was used to sponge Distress ink over her.

I tried various patterned papers and decided that "less is more", so I went with kraft cardstock. That was a bit dull, so I sponged on some stars, using an old Fairy Tale Creations stencil, to the kraft layer.

Thanks for visiting today!

I shall enter this card in the following challenges!
• Outlawz CAS: Stars
The Kraft Outlet #78: Red, White, and Blue
Simon Says Stamp & Show: Spritz, Stencil or Spray

7 comments:

  1. So you turned back the clock, huh? No fair. I don't want to turn 63 twice. Waaaaaaaaaaaa!

    Sigh...I'm OK now. I like the Label 4 trick for a flag--perhaps I'll try it sometime. I like the distressing you did to this card--makes it look really vintage! :^)
    Hugs,
    Penny

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh beautiful coloring on your time warp card! Love the rich colors and the Labels 4 design! I'm a procrastinator too...and this year's been a bear...can you turn back time so I can start it over, LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card and what's a bit of time travelling amongst friends??? Love that shape and very cool image :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that image! So patriotic and fun! Beautiful detail with the sponged stars in the background. Glad you joined us at Simon Says Stamp and Show!

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a great image, and great coloring too!

    xo, Kristina
    Sharing bloggy love from SSS challenge
    Come by and see me sometime!
    www.pearlgateway.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just love how you've colored the darker skin tones! Thanks for the tip on how you've done the flag.

    Shelby

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks so much for joining us at The Kraft OUtlet!

    ReplyDelete