Thursday, October 14, 2010

Third Coast Thursday!

It's Third Coast Thursday and I'm a bit late since I messed up my first version of this card. I got it colored all nice and messed up by dropping an ink pad ink-side down on it. Isn't it always the way? *huge sigh*

Here's the new improved version:


Since it's getting cooler and the leaves are really beginning to change, Halloween isn't all that far away! I do love Halloween and not just because of the candy. I love the imagery of witches, cauldrons, skulls, bats, black cats and all of that, which is well represented in my stamp and paper collection. In fact, I use those images all year around!

Anyways, this card uses Third Coast's Skull Witch with Shadowcat Walking. The witch was colored with Copic markers and is a lovely witchy green (which you can't see because my photo is not great. Silly rain). Her hair is auburn and her outfit is lavender. The skulls on her hat, shoes, and her belt were colored with Copics then heat embossed to give them some dimension and shine.

(An aside: I wish I were as ripped as the Skull Witch!)

The patterned papers are by Making Memories (text) and Basic Grey. The sentiment is from a great and useful sentiment set by Purple Onion Designs. There are Kaiser Craft lavender gemstones on the top left and bottom right corners because a project just can't sing if it don't got the bling! *snort*

Thanks for visiting today.

1 comment:

  1. Whoa, this is neat! I totally do that whole ink pad dropping thing as well! So frustrating!

    ReplyDelete