Friday, July 16, 2010

It's time!



The image is a digital stamp from Smeared Ink, which I colored with Copic markers, then colored over it with a Perfect Medium pen. I used several layers of clear embossing powder to add a clear, shiny dimension to it. When it cooled, I sponged several colors of Distress Ink over it to coat the piece. I spritzed some water to add that cool splotchy effect and distressed the edges.

A Cuttlebug folder was used to emboss a piece of color core Core'Dinations cardstock. I sanded the surface to reveal the light blue core, then cut two flourishes so that I could slide the stamped piece into it. The edges of this piece were distressed as well. I poked a hole in the watch fob and used pewtery floss to attach the watch to the Cuttlebugged background.

Thanks for visiting today.

3 comments:

  1. Love the use of the clear ep and distress ink to give that image a fun look!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great technique with the embossing powder and distress ink Kathi! Love the embossed Core'dinations cardstock too!

    ReplyDelete