Monday, June 28, 2010

Thank You Note/Gift that hits the challenge trifecta!

Woo-hoo! A trifecta! I'm so excited that this card meets lots o' challenges! Plus, it's useful too since it will also hold a gift card for a friend. I'm sooooo efficent!!!
* SplitCoast's Crafty Secrets forum's Distress challenge.
* Paper Craft Planet's Crafty Secrets forum's Button challenge.
* Card Positioning System's Sketch challenge!

Here it is in all its redness.


The King of Hearts, additional crown on his head, and the two hearts are from Crafty Secrets' Greetings from Wonderland set. The "Thank You" script is from a Stampin' Up stamp that's part of a seriously useful set whose name escapes me. The King and hearts were colored with Copic markers. Since the challenge was to Distress the card, I used Distress Inks on the heart squares and to edge all the layers. I used a Heidi Swapp Distressing tool to distress the paper edges, used white-cored cardstock to show the distressing, and added Tattered Strips to stay with the theme. I pulled a button from my collection of 500,000,999 buttons and now have 500,000,998 left. The patterned papers are from my stash o' scraps and are by Creative Imaginations.

Thanks for visiting today!

4 comments:

  1. Super cute card!! Great job with CPS Sketch 173!!

    ♥♥♥Lea

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for the challenge trifecta! Love the fun coloring and the heart button!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bow to you oh Queen of coloring!! This is wonderful (no pun intended).

    You know, I never won a trifecta, but I won the Daily Double once at the meadowlands.!! Does that count!?????

    ReplyDelete
  4. YAY! Doing the Trifecta Dance for you ;D Love the image and the coloring is fab! The layout is super kewl and the details are awesome. You've got me way beat on the button inventory. If I ever run short, I know who to go to! LOL!!

    ReplyDelete