Saturday, August 15, 2009

Another TCP Tuesday Two-Fer!

I've decided to get all my uninked or underinked stamps inky and build a stockpile of cards from them and my humongo stash of patterned paper. What better way to do that than with challenges!

This week's TCP Tuesday challenge is a sketch challenge hosted by Carole. I liked the sketch so much that I created two cards!

Cheers!



I flipped the sketch and used The Cat's Pajamas Relaxing stamp and "Cheers" from Odd Bird Planet with fun cocktail paper from Flair Designs and old Junkitz paper (distressed green)! The image panel was colored with Copic markers. I might go back and add some gemstones.

Reach for the Stars

This one uses a TCP Rocket ship that was stamped, colored with Copics, and then made sparkly with Twinkling H2Os. The scan shows the sparkliness (new word) of the Twinklings as streaks. Bummer! IRL, the space ship looks metallic and shiny/sparkly.

The sentiment was created (poorly) with rub-ons. I'm clearly rub-on impaired. The papers are from the now-defunct Inque Boutique. It's sad because it's a super-cute pad of spaceships, robots, stars, and aliens. Oh well. The cardstock is old Club Scrap cardstock that is a lovely grayish blue with glittery silver sparkly bits embedded in it, so it's perfect for a starry sky!

Thanks for visiting today!

5 comments:

  1. Kathi, both of your ideas using this sketch really work out very nicely! I like the pattern paper used on both and how you tied the colors nicely with the images... great idea to get a few cards done to stash for another day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you liked the sketch -- your cards are fabulous! Love that grass around Sprinkle's pool...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved this sketch, why in the world didn't I participate? UGH! Maybe this week...very FUN cards!

    ReplyDelete