Monday, December 22, 2008

Happy Chanukah!


We braved the weather and traffic to celebrate the first night of Chanukah with my family. It was a wonderful and joyful get together. My mom loved her "2009 Outings" mini-book filled with coupons for days out with my sister and me. Everyone else liked their gifts, but the true gift was togetherness.

This card had been picked up by a magazine, but didn't appear. I think it's because all the other Chanukah cards in the issue (including one of mine) had the alternate "Hanukkah" spelling. Then again, they might not have liked the card in person. For what it's worth, Odd Bird Planet has a stamp that spells Chanukah the way that I do! Here's a link for you.

Anyways, I used Odd Bird Planet's Birdie Menorah on the card. I did NOT use patterned paper which is very rare for me.

Thanks for visiting today.

11 comments:

  1. Happy Chanukah! Sounds like a lovely night! Your card is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Chanukah! I'm glad your ma like the book you made - it's a wonderful idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My title made the final product! Yeah!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to hear you had a wonderful time with your family. Happy Festival of Lights! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a nice family function. Sorry your card didn't show up in the mag, but its super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay for great family time! Love the cute card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Chunukah. I added a post to my blog today and you were in the back of my mind when I left a Merry Christmas to everyone, so just for you I added Happy Chunukah, or was it with the H. It confused me to see the two spellings when I googled it this evening. Your card is adorable and I'm so sorry it didn't appear after all. Their loss of course! Enjoy the season with your family.

    Hugs,
    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Chanukah and Togetherness is always the best part of any holiday for me too....

    Enjoy...Happy Hanukah!!!!

    Hugs,
    Erin

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad you had a lovely gathering with your family!

    Your card is lovely too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glad you had a lovely family gathering! I love the card. Happy Chanukah :)
    Hugs, Christine :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the card. So happy you had such anice family gathering, it's what make the holodays so nice.

    ReplyDelete