Saturday, February 9, 2008

More alcohol ink experiments!

This card was another of my experiments in alcohol inks. I applied four colors of alcohol ink (stonewash, wild plum, butterscotch, and cranberry) onto the felt covered applicator. I pounced the applicator in a random fashion onto glossy paper. When the paper was inked, blending solution was dripped onto the paper and formed circles. I spritzed a bit more blending solution onto the applicator and smoothed out the edges of the circles, which produced an effect that reminded me of opals.

I stamped the justjohanna scroll border onto the edges of glossy paper using archival black ink. I die cut a heart from the excess alcohol inked glossy paper, then stamped the scroll border it. The arrow through the heart is also a die cut.

Thanks for visiting today.

3 comments:

  1. This is beautiful, the colours are fab and the swirls are just perfect

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty.....I'd forgotten about my alcohol inks...now after seeing your wonderful card...I need to find them!

    ReplyDelete